Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

4th Parachute Brigade Memorial Papendal 1944-2012

Article about: 4th Parachute Brigade trenches, Papendal 1944-2012 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yesterday,the weather was nice, Jeroen Niels, and myself w

Default 4th Parachute Brigade Memorial Papendal 1944-2012

4th Parachute Brigade trenches, Papendal 1944-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday,the weather was nice, Jeroen Niels, and myself went to Papendal to clear out the trenches, that were used by 4th Parachute Brigade on the 19th, before crossing the railwayline, I started this little project in april 2004. This is the second time it was cleaned up after 2004.

the enclosed photographs showed it how it was when we started and when we finished after a lot of sweating

After cleaning, we both decided to place new poles and a new enclosure, (before September this year) but we also want to place a permanent sign in dutch and english, so tell that mountainbikers, hickers and visitors what the meaning it of this.

We have a guiding price for a total of 400,- euro, Jeroen and myself want to try to get the money together, as soon as possible, this will probably have to come from private sponsoring, within 2 weeks time I hope to post the design on the site, so people can see what it will be and hopeful donate some money, I have enclosed a photograph of what type of sign it will be.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If there are people who want to donate some money, please let me know.

[IMG=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9259/putten4.jpg][/IMG]

Default Re: 4th Parachute Brigade Memorial Papendal 1944-2012

Todat we placed a new enclosure around the trenches of hardwood poles and a white chain

Nice work!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian

As soon as the plaque is placed I will poat some photographs

?

Thank you for the work you have been doing.

Youre welcome when all goes well the sign will be placed before the anniversarry this year