Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

82nd 504 DUI and other items

Article about: Odd ! Could you show a photo of the reverse of the wings as well ? British wings have a unique design, and a wrap-around pin. Perhaps they are of early U.S. manufacture ? ! Normally, British

Default Re: 82nd 504 DUI and other items

Odd ! Could you show a photo of the reverse of the wings as well ?
    British wings have a unique design, and a wrap-around pin.
    Perhaps they are of early U.S. manufacture ? !

Normally, British silver marks are a series of three small stamps:
    One for where it was made, one for the year it was made
    and a silver proof mark.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The wings have the British wrap around pin won't be able to post untill I get home .

..... !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

the back of the wings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 82nd 504 DUI and other items   82nd 504 DUI and other items  

82nd 504 DUI and other items   82nd 504 DUI and other items  

82nd 504 DUI and other items   82nd 504 DUI and other items  

82nd 504 DUI and other items  

Thanks Gary. These are definitely British. There has been a lot of interest
    in para wings in the last few years and I've seen prices soar,
    so hang on to them.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

They are not going anywhere I think they look good in my little put together grouping .

Hi Gary,
    Here's my little put together 82nd Airborne display. The blue and red oval is a British made oval for the 505th PIR, the other oval is 325th GIR. Tiny wings are sterling marked "sweetheart" wings. CIB is a pinback variant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 82nd 504 DUI and other items  

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Hi Burt this was the first time I have seen a captain bar like this . Do you know when they used them . Steve I got the wings about ten years ago and was walking threw a gun show and showed one guy the wings .next thing I know I have three guys trying to buy the wings from me. The funny thing is the first guy I showed them to did the old well they are British made no body wants British made wings let me tell you what I will do I don't need them but I'll buy the wings from you so you don't get stuck. I also polished the wings my thought is they deserve to shine and I'm not going to sell them. Gary
    Steve, All of the ones I have found have been WWI or earlier. I think they started using this design during the early Pacific campaigns thru WWI. At least that's what I have seen when they came in groupings from that era. They are my favorite design, I wish I had more of them.

Burt

?

Rick nice display I have to get some of those ovals. I have the pir patch for the overseas cap but it is in a photo album . Burt the captains bar is the first time I have seen this style of bars if I ever decide to move it I'll let you know. Gary

If this was the case, then it was not a problem for them as they had loads of cash. They were the best fed on the planet, and who would want to go to the Red Cross, if you had the best of all foods, including ice cream,(unheard of to the Brits) However, my old mate Ron Tucker (ex 9th Para Bat) swore blind by them, the Red cross that is, He was always hungry, be it the Red Cross, or the
    Sally Army, Ron was there, and not, to not mention the NAFFI too. He is 87 too and still looks fit as a fiddle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3