Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Airborne Beret Real or Fake?

Article about: This guy has got some "lovely stuff" on his eBay site!! NOT. A few that I spotted straight off were the 3 pocket ammo pouch mentioned above by LucN. Not bad considering they were i

?

Default Re: Airborne Beret Real or Fake?

This guy has got some "lovely stuff" on his eBay site!! NOT.

A few that I spotted straight off were the 3 pocket ammo pouch mentioned above by LucN. Not bad considering they were issued as a TWO pocket pouch. (Even the RAF 1925ptn ammo pouches were issued as a "1 over 3" four pocket set)
    A W/E pack that is stamped US OOC 1944, not bad considering it is a 1944ptn W/E LATE PATTERN (ENLARGED) SMALL PACK and wouldnot have been manufactured until the late 1950's/60's
    A "WW2 British Mk2 1941 Bren Gun SSH Ltd Webb sling" (His description and spelling) This looks remarkably like the sling that I used to have on my 9mm STERLING SMG when I was a radio operator.........in the 1980's!!

I cant say anything about the German medals and badges that he has got listed because I know diddly squat about them, but if they are like a lot of the stuff listed, then I would be steering VERY wide!!
    Best bit about it, he is listed as a BUSINESS SELLER, so what chance has anyone else got.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Last edited by jimpy; 12-13-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Addition

Default Re: Airborne Beret Real or Fake?

hello all .
    here is some info for you all. this chap has a stall on northwich market in cheshire. selling fake red para berets . ive seen the three ammo pouch and the sterling sten sling. he sells fake german badges and hitler youth knifes all with this aged look . if you are not a proper collector you could be easily fooled . also he has a lot of british webbing horribly stamped up with WD fake stamps all sold as originals. fake german documents and loads of west / east german post war clothing .
    the chap is middle aged . the funny thing is i was reading this thread the other day . and while i was out today i came across this lot for sale and remembered the thread ....

i feel sorry for the people who buy this junk . them thinking its the real genuine item...

best regards paul....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2