Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Airborne patch lot

Article about: I picked up this patch lot from a friend who did an old estate buy-out. I believe all are WW2 era patches. My concern is the Screaming Eagle patches. i know that they were used through Viet

?

Default Airborne patch lot

I picked up this patch lot from a friend who did an old estate buy-out. I believe all are WW2 era patches. My concern is the Screaming Eagle patches. i know that they were used through Viet Nam and newer. My question is are these WW2 era eagles? The tan borders lead me to believe yes. However with so many variants out there and the fact my main interest is SS/German stuff, i need a little help here. So are the Eagles WW2 ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Airborne patch lot  

Default Re: Airborne patch lot

Yes, the 101 patches seems newer, I could be wrong, but they seem like current production patches..

Thanks
    Brian

?

I'd have to say the eagles are okay. They might be late 40's, however. Many WWII era eagle patches are very crude looking (because they were produced quickly), but these look to be not as crude. The tan backing, however, makes me believe they are from the war or just after. Wait for others to chime in, but they look okay. Some shots of the back would be nice.

Matthew

Yes, the stitching on the eagles seem to be too perfect for 1940's era patches.

Brian

?

Eagle Patch Corner if you go to the link i provided, it is a fabulous page for 101 Eagles, however i am still in the grey on this one. There is a post similar to mine that was put up with an eagle and airborne bar. The eagle there looks almost ident. to mine, same tan edging..... Ade says it's ok ( sorry if i put ya on the spot Ade, but ya do know your stuf ! ) However the bar is a newer piece. ........ Ade, help me, yet again, lol !!!

Quote by Newbie View Post
    Eagle Patch Corner if you go to the link i provided, it is a fabulous page for 101 Eagles, however i am still in the grey on this one. There is a post similar to mine that was put up with an eagle and airborne bar. The eagle there looks almost ident. to mine, same tan edging..... Ade says it's ok ( sorry if i put ya on the spot Ade, but ya do know your stuf ! ) However the bar is a newer piece. ........ Ade, help me, yet again, lol !!!

Bad link, could not open it

The 17th Airborne patches look like older versions, with the tan edges , and all.

But the 101 patches seem too perfect for theater made patches, look at the eyes, and the shape of the eagles head, they seem too perfect, like they are newer made versions, and the airborne tab looks really nice, too good for theater made.

Brian

Here are some examples pics of theater made patches i saved a long time ago, i cannot remember the web site where i got the pic from, so these are not my patches.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Airborne patch lot  

?

I just tried the link i posted above..... worked fine for me. On this page, 101airborneww2.com, there are alot of patches that are similar to mine, i believe these are type one patches... obviously not to sure though. the two airborne tabs i have are different, so the newer looking one might be just that newer.

?

My Father-in-law, a collector of 40 yrs ( mostly German ), looked at the lot and said that they were all legit. He seemed very pleased with them and satisfied of their WW2 prominence. Any other opinions?