Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Airforce/Navy Jacket

Article about: G'day Guys, a friend of mine said he ead a WW2 Pilots jacket and could i find out if it was and if it is worth anything? He sent me the pics so here it is, i think it"s more likely to b

Default Airforce/Navy Jacket

G'day Guys, a friend of mine said he ead a WW2 Pilots jacket and could i find out if it was and if it is worth anything?
    He sent me the pics so here it is, i think it"s more likely to be a returned Veterans association Jacket as it doesn't look period ww2 to me, any help would be appreciated.

Regards Phill.Airforce/Navy JacketAirforce/Navy JacketAirforce/Navy JacketAirforce/Navy Jacket

It seems to be similar to an 'Avirex' or some other modern
    commercial 'commemorative' jacket..........
    Regards,

Steve.

G'day Steve, i thought the same thing, i think because it had 1943 stamped on it they got all exited, he's going too ask..so have you any idea of value?

Cheerrs Phill.

Won't be too much. Might be like something you'd find
    in a thrift shop, really. Size will also be a factor.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I agree with Steve, too.

It's a modern type of jacket. Especially when you see "High Speed Low Level Flight", Avirex tends to use this phrase on their products.

Looks like this one is a mix with leather and cotton combination. How is the front look like?

Regards,
    Taka

Airforce/Navy JacketThanks Steve..G'day Taka< your right in your assumption it has leather sleeves and looks alot like a Baseball jacket.

Cheers Phill
    Last edited by WOODSNAKE; 02-15-2014 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Add Picture

?

I would have to agree the leather looks to be poor quality, I would guess that this is made in the 90s or newer not much value from a collecting standpoint here.

?

The tag says "15th Air Force Association"
    .........."1943" "Charter member"..........
    Obviously a reunion organization type group.
    The 15th was activated November 1st 1943 in Tunis Tunisia.

Thanks Guys for your feedback, much appreciated

Cheers Phill.