Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic US WW2 parachute Silk Scarf?

Article about: Hi all, This para scarf was going for a mere 20 bucks in a vintage clothes store in NYC. It looks authentic ww2 to me. It certainly feels like silk and has the same opacity when held up to d

Default Authentic US WW2 parachute Silk Scarf?

Hi all,

This para scarf was going for a mere 20 bucks in a vintage clothes store in NYC. It looks authentic ww2 to me. It certainly feels like silk and has the same opacity when held up to daylight. And I don't think it's the texture of the post-war cam I've seen elsewhere - and yet, as ever, I need a more confident verification from one of you fellas.
    The store had it on a mannequin along with a USAAF A-2 flight jacket. The shop owner was convinced that it was a 1940's example. What do you guys think?

I tried to get variously lit shots as I know lighting plays havoc with these things.

Authentic US WW2 parachute Silk Scarf?Authentic US WW2 parachute Silk Scarf?Authentic US WW2 parachute Silk Scarf?Authentic US WW2 parachute Silk Scarf?Authentic US WW2 parachute Silk Scarf?

MAP
    ?

Not my area but are they selling the flight jacket too?

Down in the village?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map,
    I'm afraid I haven't the faintest idea where it was! My wife and I were down staying with one of her friends in the Bushwick last weekend, and I spotted it while dragging my heels as the missus shopped herself unto oblivion! (I was near dizzy with fatigue when this little gem emerged!) The store was a hipster type establishment not far from the apartment in Brooklyn. The jacket was the leather A-2 variant, but I didn't ask if it was for sale.

MAP
    ?

So in Brooklyn. Yeah that's where all the hipsters go now, but even that area is all or becoming gentrified now....In my youth it was the village in Manhattan that was the place to be cool... lol....

Good luck with the scarf.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)