Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bargain of the year !!!!!!!!!

Article about: hiya guys im well chuffed today these turned up today & have now verified that they are indeed WW2 issue US airborne jump wings & a scarce maker at that now ive seen these go for upt

Default re: Bargain of the year !!!!!!!!!

Nick, those are a nice original ww2 version. And yes if you know what you are looking for then ebay is a fantastic place to find a bargain !

Last year i purchased the same jump wings for a memorial dedicated to my brother in-law who had fallen in the Vietnam war theater. A hero he was for his actions. Someday i will post what he did.

rgds, Ty

?

thanks guys

yeah some times ebay comes up with the goods but its not very often & you have to be quick before someone else spots it

Ty i for one would love to hear about your brother in law

Hi Nick,
    Well done on the wings, if they could only talk what a story they could tell. I would be chuft to if i had them.
    regards dave.

?

great find mate, they would look great with my lid,,rgds Dave

?

it just depends where and when you buy it, nice snag!!!

?

cheers guys

Panzer 3
    Re: Bargin of the year !!!!!!!!!
    Hi Nick,
    Well done on the wings, if they could only talk what a story they could tell. I would be chuft to if i had them.
    regards dave.
    if only they could mate if only they could

sscrooge
    great find mate, they would look great with my lid,,rgds Dave
    yes mate your lid would look good with my wings

colt45
    it just depends where and when you buy it, nice snag!!!

Default Re: Bargain of the year !!!!!!!!!

Hi Nick, i hope you don't mind me putting alittle info. on my bros. death on your post

My Bro. in-law PFC Robert Clair Criswell was a memeber of the 82nd airborne. In 1968 (what month i don't know but am doing some research) his platoon was on patrol in the "Thua Tien" province when they came under attack. NVA regulars or Viet cong is not known yet. The company was pinned down by a bunker with a machine gun and small arms fire. He got up from his position and dragged a wounded fellow american to safety who was wounded upon the initial encounter. At the moment the paratroopers were only returning fire without any advancement. At about this time my Bro. again stood up from his position and single handedly charged the bunker. Needless to say he never got close enough to the bunker. He sustained over 20 gun shot wounds and died on that field.

With the outcome of his death his platoon became enraged giving a full forward advancement till the bunker was finally overtaken.

His medals sent home included the "Bronze Star" for his bravery and the purple heart for his wounds. I was lucky enough to get a few of the original medals like the bronze star but did not get his jump wings as his younger brother David has the other half of his awards. I also made a memorial for David last year using the other half of the medals almost identical to mine and gave it to him for Christmas.

It's sad to see my aging father in-law recently having alot of dreams and deep thoughts talking about his son who passed over 40 years ago. My father in-law is a stern man who use to be a mean sob in his younger days and never talked about his oldest son until recently.

Being a military collector and having an extreme interest in the Vietnam war it seems that i brought something back to my wifes family that has been missing for decades. Now all 5 remaining brothers and sisters who were so young at the time of his death will always be proud and remember what their oldest brother did for his country and his fellow American.

Again, thanks for me posting on your thread. I kind of got carried away. I could have gone on alot lot more.

rgds, Ty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bargain of the year !!!!!!!!!  

?

thats cool mate

he indeed was a very brave man & it was great to read about it. im glad that his memory will now not go unforgoten thanks to you nice job mate you are more then welcome to post as much as you like about him here im sure nobody else will either

Well done nick!

was the pinback replaced?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast