Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British 100 gal.Airborne water bowser

Article about: This is my latest project, is is quite rare and I found it only 7 miles from home. A lot of effort will be going into the restoration as you will see from the pictures. Today I stripped off

Default British 100 gal.Airborne water bowser

British 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserThis is my latest project, is is quite rare and I found it only 7 miles from home. A lot of effort will be going into the restoration as you will see from the pictures. Today I stripped off the axle and springs and hope to take the chassis to the sandblasters and I can then see the full extent of the tin worm The chassis on its side has a very good central beam and will become the doner chassis for the water bowser, John.

Default Re: British 100 gal.Airborne water bowser

Hi John, very nice find.

Keep us posted on progress.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

British 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserno idea how I duplicated the pictures above, sorry. Now the water tank is off and the chassis stripped of the axel the next pics. show the extent of the rot. John.

I should also add, that if you put British Airborne 100gal. water bowser into google you will find within the first few sites a beautiful restored bowser that resides in the U.K. John the owner has been very generous in offering me any help regarding measurements and where to find a lot of the brass fittings needed etc. John.

jerryjeeprichard
    ?

Hi John

I would love to see some more pictures on your progress.

Richard

This has been a stop-go restoration but here are a series of pictures of the process and finally some from today,as you can see the central beam and the crossbraces were beyond use and I had new ones pressed. The towhitch was saved as was the T plate, I am now looking for the hand pump and water filter, pictures of which I will post later in the hope that someone on here will know of one of them, JohnBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowser

British 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowserBritish 100 gal.Airborne  water bowser

picture of the new central boom and crossbraces. Also picture of the missing hand pump and the Metafilter, if anyone knows of either one please contact me, thanks, John.