Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British 1945 camo TENT

Article about: I came across this tent recently. It's light waeight cotton material, printed on the outside with a camouflage pattern and the inside in plain black. It has the original poles and tent pegs.

Default British 1945 camo TENT

I came across this tent recently. It's light waeight cotton material, printed on the outside with a camouflage pattern and the inside in plain black. It has the original poles and tent pegs. Marked on the outside /|\ 1945.
    Can anybody give me some additional info on it?

British 1945 camo TENTBritish 1945 camo TENTBritish 1945 camo TENTBritish 1945 camo TENTBritish 1945 camo TENTBritish 1945 camo TENT

No one?

I can't, but I love it!!!

?

Sorry, cant help you with any info, but it does look very nice.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Hello, nice find; it's a British Army, Airborne Signals Tent, very rare and hardly documented, in fact I have never been able to find any reference (official or unofficial) for them. However, they were listed in our stores catalogue as Tents, Airborne Signals and were still available to order (I worked in a Royal Signals unit with a, wartime-only, airborne role). Until recently, I had a wartime dated matching camo bag for the tent. Post-war they were also made in a very light shade of green. I used to sign one out to go backpacking in the 1980's, if I can locate the picture of three of these tents in use, backpacking in Derbyshire I'll post it up. Incidentally, in my time, they were never issued/used in a military role, not much need for them in hotels! Hope that helps.

Hi MOTLEY4,

thanks for your info and help! I will need to do a bit more research on this tent, and hope to find the answer. Will keep this tread informed if any additional info becomes available.

I will try to contact the Airborne museum (and the Signals museum) for more information.