Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British airborne helmet

Article about: Hi finally got my ww2 British para helmet did love it at first but unsure now i know the strap is a repro the guy who sold me it said he knew it was and gave me the web one to change over to

Default British airborne helmet

Hi finally got my ww2 British para helmet did love it at first but unsure now i know the strap is a repro the guy who sold me it said he knew it was and gave me the web one to change over to if i prefered.The liner looks old was a bit suspect at why the date is gone but gave him the benefit of the doubt.Now that i receive it in the post ive turned up the leather band and it looks new ? but the rest old?? very puzzled guys then again should it look as good as new but the rest old ? i know it has seen no light for a long time but thought it would age also.The leather band that holds the liner in is broke in places so is definately old i think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British airborne helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images British airborne helmet  British airborne helmet  British airborne helmet  British airborne helmet  British airborne helmet  British airborne helmet  British airborne helmet 

?

Default Re: British airborne helmet

Could you post the "attached images" in a larger format please ?

Cheers

Gary J.

heres some
    Attached Images Attached Images British airborne helmet  British airborne helmet 
    Last edited by airwarrior; 11-28-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: bad pic

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    heres some
    nope, too small

René

sorry these are better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British airborne helmet   British airborne helmet  

British airborne helmet   British airborne helmet  

British airborne helmet  

sorry these are better
    I can't really see a problem with it other than the chin strap(but I'm no super expert though), there's mine for you to compare with, but it's the earlier model

René

one more shot to show modification

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH YOU SWINE YOU GOT ME WATERING AT THE MOUTH AT THAT ITS A CORKER VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes me feel better to see your liner thanks think i will swap chin straps over.

?

The chinstraps have suffered and have torn off short, ...
    Also, I do not think the outer paint finish is WW2 ...
    ..The liner and sweatband don't really throw up any problems from what I can see in the photo's.

Regards

Gary J.

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH YOU SWINE YOU GOT ME WATERING AT THE MOUTH AT THAT ITS A CORKER VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes me feel better to see your liner thanks think i will swap chin straps over.
    No probs Buddy I try to help where I can

Keep Good Mate

René

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast