Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

British Denison smocks

Article about: Hi, Recon 3690 has this totally wrong and will confuse members. The Denisons issued were, as I classify them: A. 1st Pattern, one piece front and back, knitted wool cuffs, 2 varients with th

Ian

It sounds like the one you are talking about is the second pattern, which continued in production till about 1952. Then the Denison reverted to woollen cuffs, but you can tell these later ones from the first pattern by the rear studs to hold the flap up and the vertical centre seam at the front. The 1959 pattern introduced the full zip; the earliest date I've seen for these is 1960 and I have seen a 1959 dated half zip example, so I imagine the changeover took effect in 1960.

Postwar Denisons are still quite pricey. I would say a decent example of the type you are talking about should cost about £300, maybe a bit more. Essential to see pictures though.

Cheers, W.

Hello William,

thanks for your response. Unfortunately no pictures. I spotted it as a lot on auction being held later this week with no more details than the one's above. Bids start at £50 so it will be interesting to see what it eventually goes for. I'll let you know!

Ian

If I were interested in it I'd phone them up and ask for a description of condition, holes and tears, if label legible, etc. I find most auctioneers are happy to do this as long as you don't do it on the sale day. If it is any good it has probably been spotted, but miracles can and sometimes do happen! Good luck, W.

Default Denison smock help

British Denison smocksBritish Denison smocks

I think this jacket is Belgian Hans but wait for the experts to pull up a stool first!

This one has actually been used by a para-trooper re-enactor recently at Arnhem (memorial jump).

I'm no great expert but that is definitely a Belgian smock.

Quote by William1 View Post
    I'm no great expert but that is definitely a Belgian smock.
    Indeed, clearly marked ABL. Still nice enough if used to jump at Arnheim in recent times.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

are these saleable here

regards mandy

?

Hi Hans Belgium Denison pattern smocks are indeed sellable and are quite collectible in there own right I as well have one with matching trousers in my own collection of camouflage clothing.

Regards Mark K

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast