Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

British Denison smocks

Article about: Hi, Recon 3690 has this totally wrong and will confuse members. The Denisons issued were, as I classify them: A. 1st Pattern, one piece front and back, knitted wool cuffs, 2 varients with th

new pictures inside and out and I'm still confused! so it's a 46?
    Also these show the dye bleeding on the inside

Default 1st Pattern Dennison smock?

I would like to revive this interesting thread posting one of the Dennison smocks in my collection: I don't really know how to classify it, along the features listed by Arte and Marte, since it has got a two panel central seam front (2rd Pattern?) and a single panel, no seam back (1st Pattern), knitted cuffs (1st pattern?), no back press studs for the tail piece, brass snaps. Therefore a transition between the 1st and the second pattern? I would rule out the "1946 Pattern) since I guess they would have retained the two back studs, isn't it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Denison smocks   British Denison smocks  

British Denison smocks   British Denison smocks  

British Denison smocks  
    Attached Images Attached Images British Denison smocks  British Denison smocks 

I would have said its a 1st Pattern from the look of it

Quote by kradman View Post
    I would have said its a 1st Pattern from the look of it
    So would I, but it doesn't match the classification provided by Arte and Marte, though....

There were a number of minor variations that don't quite fit the classification, I would just be happy to have a first part variant dated 1942. It has knitted cuffs and no poppers for the tail making it a first pattern variation.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thank you Jerry, I feel rather reassured, now!

?

Hi fellows,
    could you help me identify this piece of seemingly Denison (post-war?) smock?
    Thanks
    Click for pictures of the Denison smock (Dropbox link)
    Last edited by Miqqo; 11-20-2018 at 08:30 PM.

it won't be long before someone suggests you post the pics here....just FYI

full zip with nickle poppers, =1959 pattern, first version with brush stroke camo similar to previous half zip type.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you gentlemen. It appears to me the zip might be a replacement and not exactly of the right length, as there is a little extra hanging along at the bottom. To my eye this still seems like originally full-zip, and not a customization.
    How much should I ask for it if i was to sell? It isn't exactly pristine any more.
    EDIT: Colors and pattern match this item: British Pattern 1946 Denison Smock (1954) | KommandoPost.com |
    What makes me think this might not be 1959 is the zipper (obviously not original, possibly replacement for the originally partial zipper) and clearly a different pattern and color palette.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast