Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British issue Para wings

Article about: Hi anyone know an approximate age for these para wings please as you can see the moths were busy on one the other looks unused it has a slight waxy feeling to rear both from same source.

Default re: British issue Para wings

There are a great many variations on WW2 issue wings. That is even without going into private purchase options, overseas made variants, etc. I don't think anyone has made a complete study yet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default re: British issue Para wings

A lot of variations and as Ade has posted, not a complete list ever been made. With another look at the mothed wing, I think you are right Ade, probably just a post war example rather than a copy as it has the angled wing threads as far as I can tell from the poor pics.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Jerry B where are you?....
    thanks mate, but Ade is the man on these.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: British issue Para wings

Hi Jerry, I don't know about that! Others have studied them far more than I.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Bearing in mind what I have already said and not wishing to confuse. This is NOT an exact science.

ISSUE wings = straight light blue stitch to the feather detail in most cases. Buy with this in mind and you will not go too far wrong.

Ilustrated below is another wing from my collection. Now this is not ISSUE, but private purchase officers quality, note how it is heavily padded and the wool is a soft felted melton material and not rough serge. Observe the stitch, it is slanted.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British issue Para wings  

Another set i have found in a drawer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British issue Para wings   British issue Para wings  

British issue Para wings  

?

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Another set i have found in a drawer.
    Typical post-war manufacture.

Re: wartime variations: considering various issue patterns, private purchase, Indian and Italian manufacture etc you are looking at dozens of different wings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2