Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camo Painted 1955 Dated Mk II HSAT

Article about: I thought I would share this rather interesting example of a 1955 dated camo painted Mk II HSAT that I added to my collection a couple of months back it shows wear to the helmet body and lin

?

Default Camo Painted 1955 Dated Mk II HSAT

I thought I would share this rather interesting example of a 1955 dated camo painted Mk II HSAT that I added to my collection a couple of months back it shows wear to the helmet body and liner that indicative to field use..
    It has what would appear to be a chalked in 63 on the front of the helmet body who can say when the camo was applied but IMO it has been on there for many years it has that been there done that look I like so much in my helmets...The liner is in a size 6 7/8 and was produced by C.C.L (Charles Collett Ltd, London England ),

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo Painted 1955 Dated Mk II HSAT   Camo Painted 1955 Dated Mk II HSAT  

Camo Painted 1955 Dated Mk II HSAT   Camo Painted 1955 Dated Mk II HSAT  

Nice lid mate. A lot of the 50's para lids seem to have camo paint in a variety of patterns
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanx Jerry and yes I have noticed this as well there were some rather interesting patterns adopted and used and all I can only assume were dependant on what particular theatre of operations that they were intended for a friend and fellow collector in the UK has an extremely interesting sand,tan and very light brown multi coloured HSAT that is thought to have been used during the Suez Canal Crisis..
    It does seem by the later 50's that the diversity in the camo patterns did seem to fall away though and the majority that I have seen tend to have been camo painted over with black splotches and IR paints were used on some of the later examples such as the one James recently acquired...

Regards Mark