Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Caterpillar Card - SGT. J.W. Crouch

Article about: Here's his entry in the AIR78 files at Kew, just to confirm his first names. Should you ever wish (this goes for his son too) to read his repatriation form (filled in when he was repatriated

What a small world thesedays. Excellent Thread .

We absolutely would Love to see a photo of Flt Sgt Crouch with his card in hand!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes indeed.

Sorry to bring some bad news, but I laid a real war hero to rest on Monday 15th, I belieive you gentleman would be proud to have been there. The coffin being draped in a RAFA ensign accommpanied be a standard bearer from the RAF, I played my last honour to him by arranging the last post to be played.

In the spirit of this event, I remember one of the posters displayed a photograph of my fathers pilots grave, so I have posted a letter from his family to my fathers mother.

May his soul Rest In Peace[*]

Another hero has left us. May his soul rest in peace.

"Per Ardua Ad Astra" RIP, Sir.

xldoktor
    ?

What a fantastic Forum, web site, I'm just checked my documents about the crash site of Halifax W7921. In the year 2014 the crash site was shown me by eyewitness. The Halifax crashed near the very small village "Brokstreek" near Essen-Quakenbrück and I know that the dead crewmembers were first buried in Quackenbrück. The plane broke in parts in the air. I explored the crash site of the front section (Cockpit) with my metal detector and I found some remains. I hope the son of Sgt. J.W. Crouch see my report and he is interesting to go in contact with me. I'm a German Crash site sesearcher and I could located over 140 Crash sites.(not a wreckhunter) we make a lot of Memorial Plaques for relatives and so on. My email adress for Roy Crouch: v.urbansky@t-online.de

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4