Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cloth SAS badge

Article about: Just wondering if this is a good one . I've had it kicking around for years now . The medal SAS badge is a from Belgium , 1st Para Bn . I have a small collection of Para , Special Forces ite

CBH
    ?

Default Cloth SAS badge

Just wondering if this is a good one . I've had it kicking around for years now . The medal SAS badge is a from Belgium , 1st Para Bn . I have a small collection of Para , Special Forces items , I'll have to post more in the future .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cloth SAS badge   Cloth SAS badge  

CBH
    ?

Default Re: Cloth SAS badge

Anyone ?

?

Here's the berets I have worn through my Army career... UN, Devonshire & Dorset Regt, & SAS..If you look closely at my beret !! It is a different shaped badge..I haven't got a clue to what the back looks like because the badge is already sewn on when issued...After a very long course lol... Also mine is modern day issue... Cheers Terry.Cloth SAS badge

CBH
    ?

Thank you Terry , I was hoping it was good but I don't think so now . Nice Berets ! And quite a history you have with them also .
    Cheers Chris

?

Cheers Chris sorry I couldn't of much help!!! Maybe many moons ago the badge was square like yours!!..I only know the 2 badges Other ranks & officers & RSMs....Hopefully it will turn out too be good...A lot of sweat & swearing went into getting that beret lol... Cheers Terry.

Sorry Chris, but I am not convinced it is an original from any period.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

When the SAS were Maroon takes?

CBH
    ?

I thought it might have had to be cut back before put on a beret , but I didn't have much money in it so no big deal .
    cheers Chris

For what it's worth.......A collector, known to me has one of these on a beret given to him from a member of the regiment and swears it is legit. I have no reason to doubt him as I know his credentials and heritage. So my example of this particular badge stays in my collection until it is proved nobody in the regiment wore it. My example came from another collector who knows his stuff.

CBH
    ?

Quote by AIRTROOPER View Post
    For what it's worth.......A collector, known to me has one of these on a beret given to him from a member of the regiment and swears it is legit. I have no reason to doubt him as I know his credentials and heritage. So my example of this particular badge stays in my collection until it is proved nobody in the regiment wore it. My example came from another collector who knows his stuff.
    Any chance of getting a photo of either badge ? I'd like to compare them .
    Cheers Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast