Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley--passed away at 4am this morning. Known as the Sarge from: We Were Soldiers.

Article about: If anyone here other than I, watched the Mel Gibson, Sam Elliott Nam War Movie called: We Were Soldiers--then you will know who I am talking about. Sam Elliott played him in that movie--he w

Default Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley--passed away at 4am this morning. Known as the Sarge from: We Were Soldiers.

If anyone here other than I, watched the Mel Gibson, Sam Elliott Nam War Movie called: We Were Soldiers--then you will know who I am talking about. Sam Elliott played him in that movie--he was: Command Sergeant-Major Basil Plumley--a 3 war vet. He passed away thanks to cancer at 4am this morning. Rest in Peace Sarge--you more than earned it and my unending respect.

If I cant get the photo to post? will someone here please fix it for me?

Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley--passed away at 4am this morning. Known as the Sarge from: We Were Soldiers.

Default Re: Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley--passed away at 4am this morning. Known as the Sarge from: We Were Soldiers.

Rest in Peace, Sir. You certainly earned it and then some. I raise my glass to you tonight.

?

Default Re: Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley--passed away at 4am this morning. Known as the Sarge from: We Were Soldiers.

RIP Sergeant Major!!
    I posted this on another forum when This was posted ,but I think its worth posting here again for this warrior. It's usually a Marine saying.

And when He gets to Heaven's Gate,To Saint Peter he can tell, another Soldier reporting Sir. I have served my time in Hell.

Semper Fi
    Phil

RIP.

Another Hero gone.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

This guy was a true fighting man , RIP !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I never met the man. But I have the utmost respect for who he was and what he did in his lifetime.
    May God grant him the rest that he earned in leading men, fighting our nations enemies and being a true warrior and hero
    Bless your spirit Command Master Sergeant Plumey.

R.I.P. thanks for your service.