Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Commando photograph 1943 named

Article about: A gift from Roy Shadbolt who runs the Wilkinson FS collection website Welcome A very young looking commando named on the reverse as Percival Harold Collett and dated 1943. I added his named

Default Commando photograph 1943 named

A gift from Roy Shadbolt who runs the Wilkinson FS collection website Welcome

A very young looking commando named on the reverse as Percival Harold Collett and dated 1943.

I added his named to the front of the image which shows hi wearing a lanyard , the commando title and the combined ops flash. His trousers appear to have the FS knife carrying straps seen on the para version of BD trousers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commando photograph 1943 named  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That's a fine photograph Jerry, great detail and subject. He sure does look young as you say, but I bet he knew his mustard! Leon.

?

Great photo Jerry , what's his cap badge ?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Great photo Jerry , what's his cap badge ?
    Wiltshire regiment Paul, which fits as the photographer is in Cirencester so not too far from the county border.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Wow, what an excellent and rare portrait Jerry. He knew his stuff!

Super image!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice image! I could say very vivid too! Is there any way to trace him and find out if he manage to get out of the war alive?

?

May be a stupid question but what color would his cap (ive seen red and green examples), cap insing, arm flash and lanyard be? Ive tried to look online, but examples seem scarce lol

The beret would have been Green. Flashes were red on black.

The lanyard I don't know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice picture, he is also wearing a economy 37 pattern webbing belt, with webbing loops rather than brass.

Cheers
    Harry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast