Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A couple of other Para Items from my collection

Article about: Up first my shoulder flash to the 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion English manufactured I do believe and printed on canvas these are deemed to be quite rare . I recently found its mate for sal

?

Default A couple of other Para Items from my collection

Up first my shoulder flash to the 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion English manufactured I do believe and printed on canvas these are deemed to be quite rare .
    I recently found its mate for sale at( Up the Royals Militaria | WW2 | WWII | WW1 | WWI | Canadian | military | insignia | collectibles | cap badges | cloth | canvas | titles | flashes | patches | collars | buy | sell | trade ) for a staggering $560.00 cdn I near fell over they have removed the price in the last couple of days on a lot of there items I am not shur if it is because they are pending a sale I did not relize that these wear so costly .
    Which brings me to my next question does any one know of a good dealer that carries Canadian/British Para items such as insignia as I would love to find a mate for it.

Second up an Airborne sleave stripe embroidered in wool I just aquired from a antique store last night I do find these particular embroidered sleave stripes a little on the confusing side as they were manufacture by more than one firm during the war I would appreciate any and all opinions on this stripe as to authenticity .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of other Para Items from my collection   A couple of other Para Items from my collection  

A couple of other Para Items from my collection   A couple of other Para Items from my collection  

A couple of other Para Items from my collection   A couple of other Para Items from my collection  

?

Default Re: A couple of other Para Items from my collection

Very nice Mark Picking up some good items lately.

Regards, Lars

NCA
    ?

For Brit airborne stuff have you tried Clements militaria?
    Clements Militaria

?

Thanks Lars I have had the 1 Can Para Batt insignia for many years I just wish I was as confident about the Airborne title as a genuine WW2 issued piece.
    Many thanks NCA I shall visit there site and see what they have to offer.

Regards Mark K

Very cool congrats Mark.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks Eric I have a goal in mind and that is to collect all the original insignia That I will need to refurbish 1942 or 1943 BD and a Dennison smock to the 1 Can Para Battalion.I am currently working on two separate sets of jump wings a mid war issue jump wing and a late war variation of the same .

Regards Mark K

?

Neither of my Airborne flashes have cloth backing, and the blue isn't as vivid.
    Pete

?

Thanks for the reply Pete I purchased it on the condition that if not authentic I could return it for a refund I shall need to do some more digging around .

Regards Mark K