Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

D Day Rupert parachute

Article about: Picked this up on the fea market looks to be the parachute off a Rupert dummy

Default D Day Rupert parachute

Picked this up on the fea market looks to be the parachute off a Rupert dummy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D Day Rupert parachute   D Day Rupert parachute  

D Day Rupert parachute   D Day Rupert parachute  

'fraid not. the parachute on the " Rupert " is integral to the body of the dummy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D Day Rupert parachute  

Not from a Rupert.more likely for some type of small equipment.
    Chris

Ok thanks

Original ones are just impossible to find.would love to have one.
    Chris

Interesting item.

My vote is that this is a drogue parachute which is released first and drags the main canopy out in a straight line during deployment. Most likey from some kind of stores rig. I couldn't say what but I think the marerial certainly indicates the age to a large degree. How big is it? Size does matter

I very much doubt that the hand stiching was done during service, one just does not bodge parachute gear

I would love to know exactly what it is from.

Regards

Mark

PS The (geographical) location it was found in might help.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Its a small size thats why i thought it was from a rupert also with the sack like bag made me think the same , it was found at a fea market near Aldershot in hampshire

?

Ive only seen two original "Ruperts" one in the Airborne Museum at Pegasus Bridge and the Airborne Museum at Duxford

How small is it ?

Could it be a pigeon parachute ????

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    How small is it ?

Could it be a pigeon parachute ????
    That's one damned cautious pigeon isn't it...???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast