Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Denison Label

Article about: Now I've seen the pictures I say don’t bother this smock has been well messed about with, the zip flap on the inside has been added and the thread is a lot whiter than the rest of the smock,

Default Denison Label

Denison Label

Hi all,

Any thoughts on this '42 Hoffnam Denison Label…. (assuming i can master the image upload process)
    1942 date but looks very new – but I know a camera flash can sometimes make items look fresher than they are . Does it match any known repro labels on the market?

Thanks in advance..

Default Re: Denison Label

I don't like the overall look of it. But I don't have one on file to compare it with.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks suspicious ! ... A size 8 to me would be far larger than dimensions on label ..
    Also, the crowfoot and date not being central seems strange ..

Gary J.

?

I'm thinking along the same lines as Gary J, the Broad Arrow (Crows Foot) mark tends to be in the centre of the label near the bottom edge and not off to one side, even the Indian repro's have got this much right LOL.

Nige.

P.S any pictures of the whole smock?
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Quote by Nige H View Post
    I'm thinking along the same lines as Gary J, the Broad Arrow (Crows Foot) mark tends to be in the centre of the label near the bottom edge and not off to one side, even the Indian repro's have got this much right LOL.

Nige.

P.S any pictures of the whole smock?

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Not sure on the rules re posting EBay auctions but if you do a search on there you’ll find it. Ending around lunchtime today

Not planning to bid on it, but would be interesting to see people’s thoughts on the smock, I’m not too hot on 1st pattern ones & always willing to learn.

Always weary of items with provenance as well “buy the item and not the story” & all that…

Cheers all…..

You can post a link and pics here, no problem. Comes under "fair use".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I would have a lot of questions about the label. I would first think if these labels in these jackets were screen printed or stamped. This one appears to be screened, because there isn't much bleed out from a stamp, (when you stamp, there is pressure). Screen ink is thicker than printing ink and is sitting on the surface of the label, and not soaked in the material. The ink seems very fresh for 70 years doesn't it?. Edges of each letter are very clean and sharp, not faded. All the dots are after the manufacturer's name, and one didn't wash out, or rub off after all this time? Unless this was in a box and never touched since the war, I would have my suspicions as well.
    Just on an off note...I was also thinking, this size of jacket, would this not be uncommon for airborne? That's a pretty big dude for ww2 is it not?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    You can post a link and pics here, no problem. Comes under "fair use".

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade, pics and direct link to auction are in a post awaiting mod's approval

Have to say it does look a very questionable label for the age of the item....

?

I have these on file.

Denison LabelDenison Label

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast