Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Denison smock and pants are they good ????

Article about: I'v read up a bit on these but I'm unsure about this lot what is your opinions guys? he says they are dated 1956 and assures me it is an original ???? what concerns me about the jacket is th

Default Denison smock and pants are they good ????

I'v read up a bit on these but I'm unsure about this lot what is your opinions guys? he says they are dated 1956 and assures me it is an original ???? what concerns me about the jacket is that I can not see any button holes for the top pocket's and the button up zip cover down the centre .That and the lack of wool cuff's ? I'm a little confused on some of the other threads I'v read some people say that they started making them with cuffs again after 1945 although some others state that they did not make the third pattern until 1959 which is when they bought them back in .Is this a second pattern . or just a reproduction? any help please .Denison smock and pants are they good ????Denison smock and pants are they good ????

I think you will find these are Belgian!...

Not a big buff on these but the lack of top pocket button holes is probably because they are hidden and button to a flap of fabric behind the front fabric, if that makes sense, same as on early pattern BD blouse pockets. The lower pockets look to be the same. The zip cover is behind press studs.

I can't answer your question about originality though I am sure others can. I'd ask for better pics for a start.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Paul is correct, these are Belgian issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guys what is the difference between these and the British counter parts ? I guessing more belgian ones made and they are cheaper
    ??

Quote by matthewtanner View Post
    Thanks guys what is the difference between these and the British counter parts ? I guessing more belgian ones made and they are cheaper
    ??
    No expert on British kit by any stretch of the imagination, but here's a link about the Belgian gear!...
    Rantings of a Crazy Camo Collector: Belgian Brushstroke Camouflage Paratrooper Set

cheers mate

The British never made "Denison" camo trousers.

These post war Belgian issue smocks do not have the woolen cloth covering to the collar like the wartime British smocks. The cut (see how it opens) and the camo pattern is also very different.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!