Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Do i have an M1A1 Carbine?

Article about: So i bought this Carbine about a year back and i talked to the guy who sold it to me and he tells me that he did not have the stock for the carbine when he got it, so he just got an M1 Carbi

Default Do i have an M1A1 Carbine?

So i bought this Carbine about a year back and i talked to the guy who sold it to me and he tells me that he did not have the stock for the carbine when he got it, so he just got an M1 Carbine stock for it and later sold it to me(). And a couple days ago i visited a gun "Expert" and fellow collector and i asked him if it could possibly have been an M1A1 with an M1 stock, it is made by Inland dated 5-44 and it has the type II sight(Inland issued the M1A1 Carbines with type II sight after number 500000, if i am not wrong(?)). And the serial number on it is 5193754. Could it be possible?

PS: Sorry for my bad English.

Default Re: Do i have an M1A1 Carbine?

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    So i bought this Carbine about a year back and i talked to the guy who sold it to me and he tells me that he did not have the stock for the carbine when he got it, so he just got an M1 Carbine stock for it and later sold it to me(). And a couple days ago i visited a gun "Expert" and fellow collector and i asked him if it could possibly have been an M1A1 with an M1 stock, it is made by Inland dated 5-44 and it has the type II sight(Inland issued the M1A1 Carbines with type II sight after number 500000, if i am not wrong(?)). And the serial number on it is 5193754. Could it be possible?

PS: Sorry for my bad English.

The only difference between an M1 and M1A1 is the stock. All M1A1's were Inlands so.................your guess is as good as another I would say. I do not think they kept a record of what left the factory as a M1A1, or a regular carbine, but I may incorrect. We will see what other say.
    The only way to know for sure if you have an "original" WW2 "issued" M1A1 is if you get it from a vet direct. They are all Inlands though.

Regards, Steve

pmccombs
    ?

Steve is correct in his assessment in my opinion...
    Paul

Timberwolf
    ?

some m1 carbines were converted with m1a1 stock

I would say you have an M1A1 Carbine, maybe not issued though. Just MHO and I am new, just judging on my current knowledge.