MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A drink on the regiment!

Article about: Picked up today, acid etched with 22 SAS logo and motto, 10 year old fine port, though sadly empty. The seller had an older bottle a while back which I dithered over and it had gone when I w

Default A drink on the regiment!

Picked up today, acid etched with 22 SAS logo and motto, 10 year old fine port, though sadly empty. The seller had an older bottle a while back which I dithered over and it had gone when I went back for it so I was glad to grab this today without wasting time thinking about it.

It is quite difficult to photograph this bottle because of the shape and the reflections, so hopefully it is clear enough.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A drink on the regiment!   A drink on the regiment!  

A drink on the regiment!   A drink on the regiment!  

A drink on the regiment!   A drink on the regiment!  

A drink on the regiment!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Looks like a bottle of Taylor Fladgate. Cool Jerry!

Cool item Jerry. Funnily enough, I have a bottle of beer (unopened) that has a label on indicating it was for some SAS function. It's just a bottle of Ostrava with a label over it so not as nice as yours. No idea whether its fake or not, but these things must be about and its an interesting novelty. I would snap photos but I don't have it on me at the moment.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Cool item Jerry. Funnily enough, I have a bottle of beer (unopened) that has a label on indicating it was for some SAS function. It's just a bottle of Ostrava with a label over it so not as nice as yours. No idea whether its fake or not, but these things must be about and its an interesting novelty. I would snap photos but I don't have it on me at the moment.
    They quite often auction bottles of booze with SAS labels stuck on them for charity on the army ARSE website but apart from the other bottle I saw I have not seen the etched bottles for sale/auction.

Bottle of 22 SAS port........nom nom nom nom | Army Rumour Service

Note the price they reach so if yours was not too pricey you probably did OK. I doubt anyone is going to the trouble of etching bottles of port to 22 SAS and then selling them in a west wales antique center for not a lot, so I assume my bottle is pukka.

I am only sorry I missed the first bottle, though that was a lot more expensive, but did have a bottling date in the early 1980's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.