Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

Article about: Very neat addition to your collection, fine maps indeed. All you need to find is a slight variation and then it is impossible to part with! I will be posting a very rare MI-9 German Identity

very cool to find one with a history behind it.
    Congratulations.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Smile

A superb find, wonderful with the unexpected information

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Shown alongside my General Service button compass for comparison (as can be seen the GS button is larger)

An image just to show the construction of the four hole compass. This shows the rear and as can be seen it has a magnetised piece that looks similar to the lapel compass
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

A very interesting little artifact, and linked to a battlefield is even better.

Default Great find!

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Shown alongside my General Service button compass for comparison (as can be seen the GS button is larger)

What a fantastic find! You must be really pleased... Of all my E&E items, so few are attributable, and fewer still with anything like this history! What a great buy.

Amazing thread and some stunning items, good work all!

Can I ask if anyone can help with info on the Leno E&E brushes?
    I bought one today, purely because it was dated 1944 but didn’t know about the MI9 version until I looked up the brush.
    Did all the brown Bakelite brushes unscrew even if not fitted with a compass?
    I’ve tried to unscrew the base on mine but can’t (too stiff) and appears never been opened.
    I would try grips but not if some are fixed.
    Can anyone advise?
    Many thanks, Neil.

Hi I’ve had a couple in the past one had a compass and one didn’t the one that didn’t opened up freely, the one that did took a little more effort to open, I sat mine in about 15mm of warm water and let it soak and it seemed to open,the bases can be full of glue from the bristles hope that helps

Thank you Warroom,
    I tried the water but it didn’t budge.
    I’m popping out to get a ‘non aggresive’ kitchen lid opener to get more purchase on it.
    It’s 50/50 so fingers crossed but knowing my luck, it will just be the brush (fine with me as I only bought it for that and the fact it was immaculate.

I don’t believe that all of these brushes open up. Those that do would have had shaving soap inside. There is some debate as to whether these were official items or not

Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast