Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!

Article about: Guys, a couple of maroon berets were auctioned over the past few weeks on our favourite site. These are either: a) complete rubbish or, b) genuine post-war berets with a fake wartime date st

?

Default Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!

Guys, a couple of maroon berets were auctioned over the past few weeks on our favourite site.
    These are either:
    a) complete rubbish or,
    b) genuine post-war berets with a fake wartime date stamp or,
    c) genuine honest untouched wartime example.

Can you tell which is which?
    Here are the contestants:
    Fake 1 (1042.36 pounds, unsold): B
    Fake 2 (591.80 pounds, sold): WW2 RARE ORIGINAL BRITISH PARATROOPER BERET KANGOL 1944 | eBay
    Fake 3 (64.15 pounds, sold): RARE BERET PARA GB DATEE 1944 | eBay
    Fake 4 (632 pounds, sold): GENUINE 1944 S.A.S MAROON AIRBORNE BERET. | eBay
    Fake 5 (750 pounds, sold): ww2 british army para beret & cap badge 1944 | eBay
    Fake 6 (620 pounds, sold): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1945-Parac...-/171412411847

Good luck.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!   Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!  

Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!   Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!  

Attached Images Attached Images Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time! 

The british beret basques ltd 1944 is the only I'd be tempted by and I would want to see better pics and even then it is a lot of mone, too much for my budget.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I personally do not like any of them each maker of the war time berets have there own traits and manufacturing methods this includes the makers markings , dates , locations of wd stamps etc and none of the above match any of the known stamps etc .steve

?

Jerry, that is a genuine but post-war made beret. The wartime Beret Basque stamp is different and the space between the two stitched (not stamped!) diamonds is larger; it's the same for the 1945 "dated" beret and the one inside out. All others are complete rubbish.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time! 

One for those in the know? Always suspicious when the liner has been removed and the location of the WD stamp is not where I would expect to see it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!   Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!  

Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!   Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Jerry, that one is completely rubbish, wrong into every detail. What worries me is that it is the same as one I posted earlier; it seems someone is mass producing them?

I was offered this one in a trade and had to decline as it is another all bad one.

Regards,

Jerry

?

It is not only all bad Jerry, it is an insult to all those magnificent young men who earned the maroon beret; wore it with pride and fought for our freedom.

?

Very well put that man !!!

?

Jerry, it seems yours sold for £166.00: WWII Para Red Beret & Cap Badge. British Army Parachute Regiment. Wartime issue. | eBay

It seems that the fake Compton was returned, relisted and ended early.

Here is one more example of a fake Kangol beret, sold for £337.90:

And a fake 1942 Supak (£145) and dito fake 1942 Kangol black beret (£133):

Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!Fake maroon berets bonanza, can you spot them? Quiz time!

Note both berets are from sellers with a different ebay-username, but from the zip code and and an identical hessian picture background.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast