Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

French indochina 1950's parachure training helmet

Article about: Early 1950's version of the French paratroopers jump and training helmet, very similar to the pre war version except he earlier type was made of leather, but almost identical in shape and co

Default French indochina 1950's parachure training helmet

Early 1950's version of the French paratroopers jump and training helmet, very similar to the pre war version except he earlier type was made of leather, but almost identical in shape and construction. These were also used by the Royal Laotian army in the 60's as army helmets as shown in the B&W photograph. The dated label is from another mint unissued example found on the web.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French indochina 1950's parachure training helmet   French indochina 1950's parachure training helmet  

French indochina 1950's parachure training helmet   French indochina 1950's parachure training helmet  

French indochina 1950's parachure training helmet   French indochina 1950's parachure training helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

very nice indeed Jerry can i ask if the shell is a moulded cork for the bump protection or another material,thanks james
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice indeed Jerry can i ask if the shell is a moulded cork for the bump protection or another material,thanks james
    Canvas on the exterior, sponge on the interior with a layer of moulded hard plastic between them James
    Regards,

Jerry

thanks Jerry, its an interesting piece and sure does display well ,great referance picture too
    Regards James

?

Fantastic piece of French TAP history Jerry, I really like the condition and equally the wear

This link provides more period pictures and information for these genre of TAP helmets.

.: World War Helmets - Casque Mle 50 TAP :.

Very interesting lid, i've never seen one before!...

Thanks and thanks for the link, though my French is not quite up to it, though I think I understand enough for what I want.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Fantastic piece of French TAP history Jerry, I really like the condition and equally the wear

This link provides more period pictures and information for these genre of TAP helmets.

.: World War Helmets - Casque Mle 50 TAP :.
    Regards,

Jerry