Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please

Article about: Good day all I am looking for some opinions on this BD that I would like to add to my collection it seems OK to me but I am a little perplexed by the RCA slip ons and I would like some other

?

Default Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please

Good day all I am looking for some opinions on this BD that I would like to add to my collection it seems OK to me but I am a little perplexed by the RCA slip ons and I would like some other opinions on authenticating this BD before I make an offer. It is dated April of 45 and has the C broad arrow stamp Iam having an issue with up loading the interior photos . I am new to BD's and dont want to buy one that has been dressed up for a quick sale or a repo.

Kind regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please   Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please  

Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please   Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please  

Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please   Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please  

Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please  
    Attached Images Attached Images Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please 
    Last edited by Mark K; 08-24-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Add text and image

Default Re: Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please

Odd - are those US Overseas Service marks on the sleeve, or are they
    supposed to be wound stripes ? Also, all the sewing has been done
    by a machine. Rob - aka 'Battery Command Post ' will know
    about this one.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve I was thinking possibly it was his dress BD that many wore when they came home from overseas Trying to do a bit of research on the insignia now and the service hash marks.

Regards Mark K

?

I have a set of those para wings,but mine have a red maple leaf on them?....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gents could I have your opinions on this Airborne/Arty ? BD please  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks for the images of the wings Pete the Para wings are always in the front of my mind and need to be looked at closely here is a website to check out gives you all the basics in what to look for in a good original makes for some interesting reading http://arnemjim.blogspot.ca/p/british-militaria.html

Regards Mark K

Late war BD is an original, but I think the wings are the 50's or 60's version. With all the medal ribbons applied he must have had this post war, assuming it is genuine.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for the imput Jerry I as well think the wings are post war looked at quite a few images and read a lot of articles concerning WW2 era vs Post war the lack of any curl on the wing tips as well as the squate parachute would indicate that these are from the 50's or 60's as you earlier suggested .

Regards Mark K