Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

George (Jock) Moodie 9th para, 6th Airborne

Article about: My condolences to you Rob

?

Default George (Jock) Moodie 9th para, 6th Airborne

It is with sadness that i have to inform you that my dad, Jock Moodie, passed away yesturday. He joined the airborne in 43, a member of the 9th bat, he jumped on D-day, was one of the few who took part in the attack on Merville battery, thankfully without a scratch. He stayed with 9 para until it was disbanded in Palestine in 48, taking part in the battle of the bulge and the rhine crossing. He stayed in the paras until after i was born in 1966. He was the best of men and will never be forgotten. No son could be more proud than to have him as a father. R.I.P dad
    Utrinque Paratus

Default Re: George (Jock) Moodie 9th para, 6th Airborne

I am very sad to read read this.

My deepest condolences to you and all the family.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

A sad day another of the brotherhood has gone " Airborne forever "
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

my deepest condolences for you in your time of need

R.I.P a true hero

So sad to hear. My condolences to you.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Very sad for you, I am so sorry to hear this and I hope you and your family are bearing up well. It was a sad day for me when my Father passed away and then my mother as well.

Respectfully yours,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My condolences to you and your family. You sure have some great memories to pass along to your family about your Dad.

?

Very sorry to hear of your loss and my deepest sympathies go to you and your family, you are indeed blessed in the fact that not only was he a great father but also a true hero RIP
    Kind regards
    Dave

my deepest condolences, I have posted this poem before but I always think about it when another one from that generation passers away.

He was getting old and paunchy and his hair was falling fast And he sat around the Legion telling stories of the past. Of a war that he fought in and the deeds that he had done, In his exploits with his buddies; they were heroes, everyone. And tho’ sometimes to his neighbours, his tales became a joke, All his Legion buddies listened, for they knew whereof he spoke. But we'll hear his tales no longer, for old Bill has passed away And the world's a little poorer, for a soldier died today. He well not be mourned by many, just his children and his wife, For he lived an ordinary quiet and uneventful life, Held a job and raised a family, quietly going his own way; And the world won’t note his passing, 'tho a soldier died today. When politicians leave this earth, there bodies lie in state, While thousands note there passing and proclaim that they are great, Papers tell there life stories from the time that they are young, But the passing of a soldier goes unnoticed and unsung. In the greatest contribution to the welfare of our land A guy who breaks his promises and cons his fellow man? Or the ordinary fellow who in times of war and strife Goes off to serve his country and offers up his life? A politician's stipend and the style in which he lives Are sometimes disproportionate to service that he gives, While the ordinary soldier, who offers up his all, Is paid off with a medal, and perhaps a pension small. It's so easy to forget them, for it was so long ago That the Old Bill's of our country went to battle, but we knew It was not the politicians, with their compromise and ploys, Who won for us the freedom that our country now enjoys. Should you find yourself in danger with your enemies at hand, Would you want a politician with his ever-shifting stand? Or would you prefer a soldier who has sworn to defend His home, his kin and country and would fight until the end? He was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin But his presence should remind us we may need his like again, For when countries are in conflict then we find the soldier's part Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start. If we cannot do him honour while he's here to hear the praise Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days, Perhaps just a simple headline in a paper that would say; OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, FOR A SOLDIER DIED TODAY.

?

My Deepest Condolences Another one gone RIP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast