Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

George (Jock) Moodie 9th para, 6th Airborne

Article about: My condolences to you Rob

Default Re: George (Jock) Moodie 9th para, 6th Airborne

My condolences to you

Rob

?

My condolences to you and your family, he will be forever remembered.
    Ryan

Rob

May his god bless his soul!!! Honor all your fond memories of him. My condolences in his passing.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

My condolences to you and your family. I have a lot of respect for British paratroopers who did just as much, if not more, than their American counterparts. Over here one doesn't hear much about British bravery during the war.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    My condolences to you and your family. I have a lot of respect for British paratroopers who did just as much, if not more, than their American counterparts. Over here one doesn't hear much about British bravery during the war.
    amen to that!!!

?

my sympathy goes to you and your family sir, im sure you know the book"the day the devils dropped in" your dad would appear in that,im sure i remember his name, a friend of alex taylor, and a chap called len, let me find my book and will check for you. regards george

?

ive looked at the book and dont see his name, although there are company pics, A,B,and a signals platoon, i will try to scan the pictures for you and see if you can spot him. although im sure you may have one already,regards,george

?

Hi George, ref the book, by the time i heard it was being written and contacted the author Neil Barber, he had already finished it. My dad stopped going to the reunions in the 70s so lost touch with the other vets. It wasnt until 2011 that i got him back into the 9 para reunion club and met with his old friends at Merville in june 2011. I am now friends with Neil Barber and can inform you that he is currently working on an update for The day the devils dropped in and now he has my dads info and interviews he will be featured in the update. Dad was in 12pln of C coy under Lt Alan Jefferson and was part of the assault on casemate #1.
    As an update of events (ive not been on here for awhile), On june 4th this year my dads ashes were jumped into Normandy for the last time from the C 47 Drag em oot, by The Pathfinder parachute group UK, he was carried by my neice who jumped as #1 onto Dz k at Sannerville, unfortunatly i was still barred from jumping due to still getting over a broken leg which i got jumping at Arnhem. I was on the Dz with my mum, sister and brother, a very emotional but special day. On 6th june we scattered his ashes at casemate #1 with his pals from 9 para as honor guard. Look out on youtube for the vid D-day veterans last drop.
    All the best and thanks for all your kind words everyone.
    Doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2