Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GPR Cap Badge

Article about: Hi all. I am sorting out my collection of cap badges and have wondered about this one. I have compared it to others on the net but still cannot tell 100% if it is genuine or not. I do not be

Default GPR Cap Badge

Hi all. I am sorting out my collection of cap badges and have wondered about this one. I have compared it to others on the net but still cannot tell 100% if it is genuine or not. I do not believe it to be a wartime badge. Any opinions would be great, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GPR Cap Badge   GPR Cap Badge  

This is of course the post war design of the badge. During the war the Regt wore the Army Air Corps cap badge. I am fairly sure it is a restrike.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade. Are there any tell tale signs that you look for with these. As I say, I have searched the net but they all look the same to me. Cheers.

I have two I certainly know are wrong. I was given them, but they have slider fittings. I don't have any pics on file. Contact forum member Luc N. He collects Glider Pilot stuff, he is the man to ask.

I am going by the colour of the metal and general soft appearance.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice one, cheers Ade.

?

Yes it is a common replica. I'll dig out some pictures of original examples later.

?

Here are two original examples, frosted silver (lugged, made by Firmin, London) and whitemetal (always slidered).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GPR Cap Badge   GPR Cap Badge