Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Help with US Airborne Patches, 101st and 82nd

Article about: Sure.........

?

Default Re: Help with US Airborne Patches, 101st and 82nd

Does anybody use a "black light" to check patches? I have read that post WWII patches will glow under black light. Do not know if that is a fact or not, would love to know.

?

Attachment 397210

Here is a photo example of a black light test. Hoping to hear some opinions about this form of test.

Quote by jfo137 View Post
    Does anybody use a "black light" to check patches? I have read that post WWII patches will glow under black light. Do not know if that is a fact or not, would love to know.
    Most WWII and older insignia WILL NOT glow. More modern stuff is made out of synthetic materials that WILL glow under the black light.

I used a black light to help authenticate a German sword/dagger/bayonet catalog I have. NO GLOW = GOOD!

Help with US Airborne Patches, 101st and 82nd

This is mainly true JFO but more recent reproductions in many fields are being made better and some with original materials, so that some reproductions might not glow. Also some early post war items do not glow as well, but it is usually accurate.

The grouping finally together:

Help with US Airborne Patches, 101st and 82ndHelp with US Airborne Patches, 101st and 82nd

Nice group Joe well done.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

They look good all together nice set, do you plan on getting the 17th and 11th AB patches as well?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    They look good all together nice set, do you plan on getting the 17th and 11th AB patches as well?
    Yessir!

joe, please check out topkick militaria for some great airborne stuff and great reference. i've been dealing with Jim for years and he's a great guy. his prices may be high, but his stuff is real and you never know what treasure will pop up on mondays. also, please avoid those airborne wings with the hollow backs. yours looks fine, but people are drilling holes and putting combat stars and chaplain crosses on these. it's damned awful. hope this helps. i'll post some of my stuff soon. cheers, rick

Quote by rickyodicky View Post
    joe, please check out topkick militaria for some great airborne stuff and great reference. i've been dealing with Jim for years and he's a great guy. his prices may be high, but his stuff is real and you never know what treasure will pop up on mondays. also, please avoid those airborne wings with the hollow backs. yours looks fine, but people are drilling holes and putting combat stars and chaplain crosses on these. it's damned awful. hope this helps. i'll post some of my stuff soon. cheers, rick
    I believe that is where he got his wings, Joe recommended me to his site too... lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast