Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

HSAT MkII with camo paint and flash

Article about: I don't appear to have posted a thread on this HSAT MkII in my collection, lovely two tone dark brwn and very dark green near black camo with painted flash with number 17 on it. It is dated

Default HSAT MkII with camo paint and flash

I don't appear to have posted a thread on this HSAT MkII in my collection, lovely two tone dark brwn and very dark green near black camo with painted flash with number 17 on it. It is dated 1956 on the liner and has a long sequence of names inside it and especially under the sweatband. A stunning helmet which has obviously been there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HSAT MkII with camo paint and flash   HSAT MkII with camo paint and flash  

HSAT MkII with camo paint and flash   HSAT MkII with camo paint and flash  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

was '56 a big year for liners / helmets?...is there ever a '57?...a 61?.....:-)

Very nice, I had one of these (1944) many years ago which I sold cheaply with box of other stuff. I have been kicking myself recently as I watched the values skyrocket!

I like that textured surface.

Quote by Composite View Post
    was '56 a big year for liners / helmets?...is there ever a '57?...a 61?.....:-)
    Indeed, you get 53 to 56, then 1972. Also wartime nothing after 44 for HSAT's.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 11-20-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

That's interesting JB...thank you

.......so if anyone's been looking for a '59 they've been wasting their time! :-) It also means that some of the Falklands-used steelies could've been nearly 30 years old before they saw combat (assuming they missed the M/East stuff of course)

Quote by Composite View Post
    That's interesting JB...thank you

.......so if anyone's been looking for a '59 they've been wasting their time! :-) It also means that some of the Falklands-used steelies could've been nearly 30 years old before they saw combat (assuming they missed the M/East stuff of course)
    And Northern Ireland...
    Regards,

Jerry