MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

KD tunic with removed para wings

Article about: by Battery Command Post I can't tell if you're joking. If you are: lol If not: Scots Gds aren't a kilted/'trewed' (if such a word exists) regiment Rob I was joking. Bombay bloomers it is the

Default Re: KD tunic with removed para wings

Looking good
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Looking good
    Thanks Ade.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, I reckon I might have a spare KD jacket belt for you? It is sans buckle but these are easy to find. I will see if I can dig it out.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jerry, I reckon I might have a spare KD jacket belt for you? It is sans buckle but these are easy to find. I will see if I can dig it out.

Cheers, Ade.
    That would be really cool Ade, thanks for the offer. Let me know if you do and I'll send you the new address.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    The tunic with the restored insignia. All I need now is the correct SG buttons and pips.
    Looks fantastic. You could always cheat and make him a Major for a while, as the crowns are the same in any unit. I have had a Guards Service Dress for years and haven't found a set (bloody captain though!) and that's what i did

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Looks fantastic. You could always cheat and make him a Major for a while, as the crowns are the same in any unit. I have had a Guards Service Dress for years and haven't found a set (bloody captain though!) and that's what i did

Rob
    Or a Lt. Colonel, though I would still need the correct pips. Would they have always had the correct SG buttons and pips? Maybe not during the war or just after. I am happy to wait, it looks fine as it is and it only hangs on the wall of my study. A work in progress.
    Regards,

Jerry

I dont collect british, scottish or whatever country this is from but all I can say is NICE JACKET! - Nick K

Quote by Bond View Post
    Or a Lt. Colonel, though I would still need the correct pips. Would they have always had the correct SG buttons and pips? Maybe not during the war or just after. I am happy to wait, it looks fine as it is and it only hangs on the wall of my study. A work in progress.
    Good question. The only answer I could give is "probably", but I'm sure there must have been occasions where Guards officers wore regular pips and general service buttons. I wouldn't sweat it if i were you.. like you say.. a work in progress, it could take years to find the right pieces. What it really needs is a nice Sam Browne, polished to mirror quality, one of those lovely diced Scots Gds peaked caps, and of course, a pair of those ridiculous Bombay Bloomers

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Good question. The only answer I could give is "probably", but I'm sure there must have been occasions where Guards officers wore regular pips and general service buttons. I wouldn't sweat it if i were you.. like you say.. a work in progress, it could take years to find the right pieces. What it really needs is a nice Sam Browne, polished to mirror quality, one of those lovely diced Scots Gds peaked caps, and of course, a pair of those ridiculous Bombay Bloomers

Rob
    I was thinking Tartan trews or maybe a kilt.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    I was thinking Tartan trews or maybe a kilt.
    I can't tell if you're joking.
    If you are: lol
    If not: Scots Gds aren't a kilted/'trewed' (if such a word exists) regiment

Rob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast