Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Look what came through the post today?

Article about: Hello everybody I had this come through post today..I know it is a modern day medal but I thought was still a good catch!!!. It is addressed to a Special Forces soldier thats why I posted it

ian
    ?

so your going to say cos it on wikipipedia ,, thats its god gospel ,,and so true ??? ,,it is an official medal ,,as is the BOAR madal ,, but embaresing to wear ,,i would not lower my self to wear it ,, ,,why wen you allready have the campagn medals ??? , its A ????

No, wikipedia was the quickest source of reference available, as is so often the case. Please note I also used the Medal Yearbook as a source. If you would not lower yourself to wear it that is fine. But I do not see the point in undermining it, I think a simple "nice medal" would have sufficed

ian
    ?

i dont in any way endermine it ,,i just point out that ,,the campaign medals are allready there ,,so this medal is a bit meaningless
    just look at the british legion medals that are ass meaningless and you will under stand what i meen

sorry guys i just dont see it as a medal that is worth any thing to any soldier
    it makes no sence and it makes no pride

I agree with you there. I had a look through their brochure once for a relative who did National Service, some fairly random stuff in there.

ian
    ?

every serving soldier was issued with the JUBELEE medal ,,there is a Belize service medal and a BOAR service medal ,, AND ??? lets not gat carried away here ,, every campaign the british army has ever been in ,,has its own medal ,,unless it was a denied job ,, so what and why is this all about as i said yes it is an official medal ,,but you show me one persone who would wear it ,,any one who has nbeen there and done it ,would baulk at the thought ,, this is the medal for clerks and REMFS , i know a lot of you wont want to read what i have said ,, it is not a medal that any soldier that i know would ever wear ,,the campaign medals YES , but not this meaningless thing

ian
    ?

i have the BOAR medal ,,if anyone wants it shout now ,,cos it will save me throwing it away ,,£15 from the british legion ???
    an official medal BUT neaningless ,, just like most of the NON campaign medals ,that have been given /sold in the last few years ,,

ian
    ?

before i go to bed ,and leeve all you gentlemen tonight ,,i do hope i have opened a can of worms ,, and i hope for a good debate ,,lets have loads of coments and thoughts on this subject ,,IE what are medals for ,, are they just something to put on your chest ,,or do they meen something ????

?

I think this thread has run it's course so I will close it now. Thanks for all the comments gents.. Cheers Terry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3