Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1942 Pathfinder Jacket on Ebay

Article about: this is on ebay right now ...I beleive it to be a repro but what do you guys think?

Default M1942 Pathfinder Jacket on Ebay

this is on ebay right now ...I beleive it to be a repro but what do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1942 Pathfinder Jacket on Ebay  

Default Re: M1942 Pathfinder Jacket on Ebay

I believe that pathfinder jump suits were spray painted, however, this appears to be made from camouflage material (almost Denison in appearance)

?

It is not camo material.
    Better photos of the buttons, zippers, patch and tag in lower pocket would be necessary to make a call.

More pictures as said but im almost positive its a reproduction. IMO it looks like it was made yesterday. -Ben

Need pictures like Steve saided.
    Chris

Many years ago, I had a jump jacket that had belonged to a 101st Airborne vet who wore it when he jumped at Normandy and Market Garden. He died in a car crash in the early 1950's. I purchased it from his sister along with his Ike jacket and an interesting bunch of German material. The jacket was definitely not spray painted.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Many years ago, I had a jump jacket that had belonged to a 101st Airborne vet who wore it when he jumped at Normandy and Market Garden. He died in a car crash in the early 1950's. I purchased it from his sister along with his Ike jacket and an interesting bunch of German material. The jacket was definitely not spray painted.
    G'day Bob
    Was the one you had camouflaged? Just out of interest on my behalf as this is a jacket pattern type I do not own

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    G'day Bob
    Was the one you had camouflaged? Just out of interest on my behalf as this is a jacket pattern type I do not own
    No. It was the standard jump jacket. I am sorry that I sold the jump jacket and Ike jacket. At the time in the
    mid-70's, I did not collect American items. I had intended to keep them due to their historical significance. However, a guy made me a ridiculous offer at the time and I sold. We are all only temporary caretakers of these things and can not keep it all.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    No. It was the standard jump jacket. I am sorry that I sold the jump jacket and Ike jacket. At the time in the
    mid-70's, I did not collect American items. I had intended to keep them due to their historical significance. However, a guy made me a ridiculous offer at the time and I sold. We are all only temporary caretakers of these things and can not keep it all.
    Cheers Mate
    At the prices I've seen for originals I'm not for one

?

This items has not been worn a lot or at all. Look at the indside collar, belt, belt buckle, right elbow also. Seems to me like the buttons has artificial wear to them. But pics is not good enough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast