MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...

Article about: Added this Mk II HSAT to my collection a few months ago it is sporting a 1956 dated liner as produced by C.C.L in a size of 7 1/8 and is sporting at least two different soldiers names one of

?

Default Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...

Added this Mk II HSAT to my collection a few months ago it is sporting a 1956 dated liner as produced by C.C.L in a size of 7 1/8 and is sporting at least two different soldiers names one of which is ( Belk ) and service numbers ( 239??877 ) inked into the liner but only the one is partially legible... I did not have much luck with a positive ID when I looked the name up through Para Data so a bit of a dead end there I am afraid... It was said to be attributed to a trooper that served with the 16th Parachute Brigade but I was having a bit of a time finding an example of the flash to compare it to as it is Red/Black/Red but with the help of a fellow collector whom found reference to of this variant in Drop Zone Flashes of the British Airborne Forces I think it is all sorted out now and it looks like he was likely a member of the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...   Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...  

Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...   Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...  

Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...   Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...  

Mk II flashed to the 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy...  

Do you have a copy or scan f the complete book of DZ flashes Mark?

I have commented previously how much I like this helmet.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A true beauty, Mark. Very nice!

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Do you have a copy or scan f the complete book of DZ flashes Mark?

I have commented previously how much I like this helmet.
    Thank you Jerry and yes I was pretty pleased to be able to add this example to my shelf..
    Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the DZ Flashes book in my library one of the members of the Airborne, Para and HSAT group was kind enough to do a bit of research for me..

?

And thank you BlackWatch 1945

?

Many of these flashes especially the Corps ones are standard Regimental colours and can be easily guessed like this one.