Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help With British Parachute Regiment Badge

Article about: Can someone assist me with finding out how to determine an authentic British WW2 parachute regiment badge? Is there any way of knowing whether the badge was made between 1943 & the end o

?

Default Need Help With British Parachute Regiment Badge

Can someone assist me with finding out how to determine an authentic British WW2 parachute regiment badge? Is there any way of knowing whether the badge was made between 1943 & the end of the war?

Most wartime badges had the split pin type fastener. Trouble is these were also made post war, so really impossible to date was "wartime". The only one you can say is wartime for sure is the Plastic version.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ahh right. I've also noticed that some have a kings crown that has gaps (u can see through it) as well as gaps between the lions legs. And others are solid. Do u know if both these variations were produced during WW2?

Quote by Bull View Post
    Ahh right. I've also noticed that some have a kings crown that has gaps (u can see through it) as well as gaps between the lions legs. And others are solid. Do u know if both these variations were produced during WW2?
    Both types were made during and after the war.

In conjunction with what Ade posted, the type with flat lugs rather than rounded were also only made during the war as far as I am aware.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I agree with Jerry. I had forgot about that point. Here is a flat lug type from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help With British Parachute Regiment Badge   Need Help With British Parachute Regiment Badge  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Or hallmarked silver with a wartime date, but that will set you back several houndreds of pounds.

?

Hi everyone. Well, I've been looking at online sellers that are selling the para cap badge & it's proving to be quite difficult.
    There's a number of sites dedicated to explaining the different fakes/reproductions of the badge, which has proven to be quite useful. Asides from that I've found large variations in pricing & some sellers advising that the "voided" or "gapped" crown/lion were war-time produced & asking for higher prices. Trying to find one with flat lugs has proven to be difficult. I've only come across one so I was hoping you guys could have a look at it it & tell me what you think. To me, the lugs look mis-placed & the rear of the badge lacks crispness (which is something I've read to avoid). It's the only one still unsold on this page :
    Britton's Badges
    Also, I've come across a few with long lugs like this :
    Attached Images Attached Images Need Help With British Parachute Regiment Badge 

Something useful learnt today.
    Thanks Gent's for the infomation you have passed on.

All the best

Dave

?

hi chaps
    This is the example which bull is looking at and contemplating purchasing ,
    Its a flat lug example out of my own collection as I thinned them out a bit.
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help With British Parachute Regiment Badge   Need Help With British Parachute Regiment Badge  

Need Help With British Parachute Regiment Badge  

Looks fine.