Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with estimate on 17th Airborne items

Article about: I have to sell my father's collection from the 17th Airborne, 153rd Division, Co. G. It consists of his dress jacket with allied airborne patch and 17th airborne patch, 2 shirts with patches

Default Need help with estimate on 17th Airborne items

I have to sell my father's collection from the 17th Airborne, 153rd Division, Co. G. It consists of his dress jacket with allied airborne patch and 17th airborne patch, 2 shirts with patches, 2 ties, 4 cloth caps-3 with parachute patch one with pins including silver parachute and silver/enamel rifle and pin with 3 bronze stars and bronze arrowhead-one cap is unadorned, 17th airborne sweetheart pin, small silver parachute pin, four 17th airborne patches, one glider/parachute patch, one 351 artillery patch, a silver eagle on black patch, medals include Bronze Star with my father's name engraved on it, WWII victory, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign, good conduct, American Campaign, WWII medal, 2 pieces of his parachute he saved, his regulation bugle, one silverplated flagpole finial with swastika, web pistol belt, papers-honorable discharge, bronze star award, receipt for medals, photos, 17th Airborne 1944 Yearbook, a spike bayonet, also included a conch shell pouch and a Fiji club with photos, notification of killed in action and gravesite notification of his brother who was a Marine in the Pacific-killed in action on Iwo Jima. I have been offered $1100 for all, but am not sure if that is a fair price as people do like to low-ball. Some photos attached. Can anyone help me with an estimate?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with estimate on 17th Airborne items   Need help with estimate on 17th Airborne items  

Need help with estimate on 17th Airborne items   Need help with estimate on 17th Airborne items  

Need help with estimate on 17th Airborne items  
    Last edited by lightbrownie; 11-26-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Additional photos

Default Re: Need help with estimate on 17th Airborne items

Hi,these items are not really my area but i would say that with the history you have to go with them,that price you have been offered is well UNDER value.The experts here will tell you for sure but this looks a great group of items to me worth a fair bit more than that!!

Thanks, I do think that it is a low offer. I'm just not familiar with the value and am grateful that I found this forum.

Quote by lightbrownie View Post
    Thanks, I do think that it is a low offer. I'm just not familiar with the value and am grateful that I found this forum.
    Hello and welcome to the forum, first of dont accept the offer as it's almost an insult of an offer, since these are group items and have provinonce behind the items I would think atleast 4000 at minimum but you should wait till a few people comment as you should get an average price range of where abouts you should sell. Hope you find out a good price for the items.Although i dont mean to put my nose in as its totaly your choice but the grave site info about your uncle and a few photos of your father should be kept for generations to come of your family.

Thanks for the advice daniel1234! I am saving some photos and will save a copy of the grave site info. Our family is slowly getting much smaller and it would do my heart good to know that this history would live on with others.