Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

need help, how to identify a US WW2 Airborne helmet

Article about: Hi folks, I'm a guncollector, on that subject i know a lot. However, i need an original US WW2 airborne helmet 101 or 82nd. How can i identify a reel one from a fake/clone/copy? I'm aware th

?

Default Re: need help, how to identify a US WW2 Airborne helmet

I thought this may stand a chance, however my concern was with the buckle on the A Yokes, more specifically the roll circled in red.

need help, how to identify a US WW2 Airborne helmet

If a Westinghouse liner, it would have cast buckles; an inland would have wire. There is a chance it was rigger modified using a buckle from another piece of gear.

I hope you don't mind, however I posted this over at USMF. Lot's of knowledgable folks there when it comes to AB lids. Unfortunately, the general consensus is that the A-Yokes are likely reproduction. Unfortunately, that puts the rest of the setup in question. Here's a link to that thread:

502nd PIR Helmet - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

What you really need are better photos of the entire helmet in order for an evaluation to be given. Close-ups of the paint for 502nd mark, interior shots of the liner, etc.

This helmet would value over $10K if authentic. Unfortunately, a large majority of them are reproduction, hence why each one offered up must be scrutinized.

I agree with everything Eric says above.
    Regards
    Rod

?

some more pics i took today

some other items...

paco

Euro clone liner, no male snaps on the helmet straps, the only thing original about it would be thats its ww2 fixed bail lid.
    Could go on,
    So unfortunately a made up representation.
    Looks good on the dummy though
    Cool looking museum. Looks like he has some good stuff there but not that helmet unfortunately.
    Rod

The lid would be nice as a display piece. The collection seems
    to be of many different eras all piled together.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Definitely a euro clone as Rod stated...Those A-Washers are funky looking! I was only able to find one other similar liner and it was ID'd as a liner for a Holland M53...

I agree with Rod; lot's of cool stuff in that museum, however based on the 502nd lid, I'd tread very carefully with any of the other painted helmets he has on display....

Good luck!

?

great display, airborne helmet #1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2