Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions sort WWII British Para Wing?

Article about: Hi there is the a WWII era Wing Cheers Phill

Default Opinions sort WWII British Para Wing?

Attachment 828449 Attachment 828450

Hi there is the a WWII era Wing

Cheers Phill

Hi Phil, yes, looks fine to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade

I mainly collect US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia WWII and always wanted to add Brit WWII Airborne , this is the first step. I have other Brit made patches and note the use of differant colored reverse bobbin thread. Would that be an Identifier for WWII era Brit era patches as opposed to Post WWII 50'S wing?

Phill

No, just a makers variation.

The straight stitch to the feathers on the wings, as opposed to a slanted stitch, is a good sign of WW2 manufacture. This is not a 100% rule, but is helpful.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Much appreciated Ade.

Ade I take it you would regard this as machine made on Olive Drab wool , trying to get the definition right for my database ?
    Also as with the US side , manufacturing obviously continued by the same makers well into the 50's , have you noticed the different change in the wings say from 1950-55 period in construction.

Phill

Hi Phil, there is no difference between a wartime made wing and an early 50's wing. So they all get described as "wartime" when sold.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade

That makes it even harder, but good to know about the stitches on the feathers.

Phill