Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Para Jump Jacket, real deal?

Article about: I am posting this for a friend, he is wondering if this is a U.S. or Brit jump jacket, and if it is real? The inside tag has since been faded beyond reading. Theses are the only pics i have,

?

Default Para Jump Jacket, real deal?

I am posting this for a friend, he is wondering if this is a U.S. or Brit jump jacket, and if it is real? The inside tag has since been faded beyond reading. Theses are the only pics i have, as he took the jacket back home with him, but any help is appreciated!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para Jump Jacket, real deal?   Para Jump Jacket, real deal?  

Para Jump Jacket, real deal?   Para Jump Jacket, real deal?  

?

Default Re: Para Jump Jacket, real deal?

Anyone?

It's US -I've never owned one of these before because it a murkey area to collect, but I do like the Conmar zip
    Deffo needs to be in hand/smell etc. for me
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-06-2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: added text

Interesting as it looks like it has had British jump wings on it at sometime in its past

Original US M1942 jump jacket.

The wings once being on it are interesting.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade !!!!!! As always, to my rescue, lol.....Does anyone know the approximate value or desirability of this jacket, seeing as how it has had Brit jump wings sewn on it? I am thinking that the U.S. sold England a quantity of jackets to be used for the Brit Para boys.......a possibility? The owner might want to sell it. I am just trying to get him as much info as i can, he is 72 and dose not get online much, lol

Desirable and not cheap to buy.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Desirable and not cheap to buy.....
    IMO, even more desirable in that it still has the, apparently, original belt with it as well. (Usually the first thing to get ditched off it!)
    Also looks like the faded remains of a sprayed on camouflage pattern, unless that is just the effects of the photos. (This was a fairly common practice as I understand it from what Ive read/seen about these jackets)

Never heard/read of them being issued to British airborne troops though.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Looks good to me generally on the back of the button snaps is a mfg name, it helps when looking for originals, but I belive the mfg is still in business... Also I have seen similar items with no markings but a legible QM tag sell for 1,500 USD but that is a bit high IMO

?

Ade. ...I am not looking to buy it. .. just want an idea of a price to tell him. He trusts me, I don't wanna botch it up. .... lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast