Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Para wings WW2 or later?

Article about: I think this is the WW2 pattern, but always good to get others opinions. I can't show the reverse as they are sewn on a BD. Thanks.

Default Re: Para wings WW2 or later?

Para wings WW2 or later?Para wings WW2 or later?hello all.

here are some pics of the one i picked up . looks similar .. very chunky and horizontal wings ...i picked these up at stoneleigh when he had a stall there one year

regards paul.....

Thanks Paul for posting images of the wings you mentioned. IMO, they are not very similar, with many differences, the edge of the upper wings, the size of the basket, the weave of the thread, the way the wings merge together, the backing fabric etc...

good to see them all the same, as all knowledge is useful
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para wings WW2 or later?   Para wings WW2 or later?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Oh well, I posted a pic on the Brit mil badge forum and the first responder said they were good, but since then two others have id'd them as the latest copies from Pegasus militaria

It's good that I did not pay a lot for the BD they are on and it probably means all the insignia has been added to it fairly recently.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, I know Steve Kiddle and this is his first generation wing aged a bit.

They sell for £12.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para wings WW2 or later?  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Bond View Post
    I think this is the WW2 pattern, but always good to get others opinions. I can't show the reverse as they are sewn on a BD.

Thanks.
    Ade,
    100% fake mate. Made by some Berk on the West coast about 4 to 5 years ago. I Had a Pay Pal exchange with a guy i originally bought from on Ebay. I got my money back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2