Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Parachute Regiment buttons

Article about: I have eight of these Parachute Regiment buttons, which I presume came from a tunic or great coat. Can anyone tell me, would they be WWII-era, or post-war? Thanks!

Default Parachute Regiment buttons

I have eight of these Parachute Regiment buttons, which I presume came from a tunic or great coat. Can anyone tell me, would they be WWII-era, or post-war? Thanks!

Parachute Regiment buttonsParachute Regiment buttonsParachute Regiment buttons

1942-1953
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    1942-1953
    Yep, the difference is in the crown which in this case is a King's Crown. After the coronation of HM Queen Elizabeth II in 1953 the change was made in all insignia to the Queens Crown. The design of Para Regt bottons has never changed only the crown and material, today they are annodised aluminium rather than brass but that was a gradual change over many years accross all of HM Forces.

The difference in use is dictated by the size. Not easy to tell from the scale used but this looks to be about 2.5cm so too big for a tunic and I suggest it is a greatcoat button.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you, Watchdog and Jerry B.