Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Paratrooper Knife ?

Article about: Gary-you never did say-is the Spring intact? Does it function correctly?

Default Re: Paratrooper Knife ?

Gary-you never did say-is the Spring intact? Does it function correctly?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

In NY you can carry one if you are hunting or trapping or in law enforcement . Jim I'm like a little kid when I find somethin new I have to play with it for a couple days, but if I decide to find a new home for it I'll let you know. William I guess they did make a couple nicer versions but I agree the German version is much nicer. Greenhorn I think I'll be safe it will be sitting on a shelf safely tucked away. Gary

I too would be 'well chuffed', as our friends from across
    the pond would say.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

William sorry about that yes it works but very very weak . Gary

It could well be worth having it tuned up by a knife smith. I have no clue as to the value, but I know that they certainly can be worked up again.
    William

?

William I was thinking about having it tuned up but I m not sure I want to mess with it. As they say it is what it is. Gary

?

Does anybody know a good knife repair shop here in the US. I'm thinking of having the knife re done. I found one guy muskrat man anybody ever have him do work for them . Gary

Muskrat Man -Kaleb Reynolds does very good work and reasonably priced. In fact, I have a piece with him at the moment myself getting worked on.
    William

?

William thanks the only thing I didn't like was that he does not have a phone # and when I sent him a message he responded very fast but did not use his name. He gave me a very good price quote to do the work. I guess I'm just old fashion and want to talk on the phone to somebody when it comes to some things . I've looked his site over and it looks like he does great work. If you don't mind what's he working on for you. Gary

Actually,nothing significant. He's tightening up and tuning a sear on an old Mexican piece I've had around since forever. I've never spoken to him either, now that I think about it! But he does, as you say, respond almost immediately to emails,so I've never actually thought about it.
    William

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast