MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Please help identify this uniform british airborne division

Article about: Hello everyone.could someone please help me out to identifi wether this uniform is an original piece?

Default Please help identify this uniform british airborne division

Hello everyone.could someone please help me out to identifi wether this uniform is an original piece?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify this uniform british airborne division   Please help identify this uniform british airborne division  

Please help identify this uniform british airborne division   Please help identify this uniform british airborne division  

Default Please help identify this uniform british airborne division

Hello everyone.could someone please help me out to identifi wether this uniform is an original piece?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify this uniform british airborne division   Please help identify this uniform british airborne division  

Please help identify this uniform british airborne division   Please help identify this uniform british airborne division  

Will need better photos of all items to see if original or not

pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify this uniform british airborne division  

Quote by kradman View Post
    Will need better photos of all items to see if original or not
    Think Kradman means, closeups of labels, cloth badges, beret badge, inside beret etc....

I think better close up photos of the insignia, beret markings, cap badge, etc are necessary. Also watch out for that mirror mate

?

I would like to see a close up of the "Wings" as well as the shoulder Badges, the insignia looks new from the current photos.

Just My Thoughts

Dean O

Quote by CampX View Post
    I would like to see a close up of the "Wings" as well as the shoulder Badges, the insignia looks new from the current photos.

Just My Thoughts

Dean O
    I agree the insignia all look very new and the battledress has the look to my eyes of a new one that has been shaved with a razor which soldiers did do to make the serge more comfortable and easier to press but if it is done to make it look worn it never really looks like natural wear.

I think this might be an Australian battledress of which many lay in storage until the 1970's and if it is I am not sure it would have been issued to British airborne troops anyway.

The red lanyard during WWII indicated 3rd Bn Para Regt (today 1st Bn) and I am not sure it would have been worn by GPR pers and of course the cap badge here is that of Para Regt not Glider Pilot Regt (should be Army Air Corps cap badge until 1958) which I suppose is not totally infeasible but together with the other points would cause me to question the ensemble.

Again, as with Dean O, just a hypothesis!

Regards

Mark

NCA
    ?

Odd trousers...by that I mean the two tabs on the left leg next to the pocket...the trousers look like 40 patt/austerity..never seen that feature before.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast