Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Point du hoc sign

Article about: I got this sign about 10 years ago,when they were redoing the parking lot and road at the point du hoc I was told this was the only one made and it was from the early 50 .

Default Point du hoc sign

I got this sign about 10 years ago,when they were redoing the parking lot and road at the point du hoc I was told this was the only one made and it was from the early 50 .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Point du hoc sign   Point du hoc sign  

Default Re: Point du hoc sign

A nice souvenir to have.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A nice souvenir to have.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you.
    It is not from ww2 ,but I still think it is a great piece of history from the Rangers.

?

Chris, they have another now, just recently been there, they are doing work to stabilise the cliff area, and are also arranging to do more excavating around the area, apparently there are a number of dug outs that have never been investigated.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Chris, they have another now, just recently been there, they are doing work to stabilise the cliff area, and are also arranging to do more excavating around the area, apparently there are a number of dug outs that have never been investigated.

This is costing the American taxe payer 6 millions dallars the French did not want to help to save the site.I know the location of one of them full of guns and amno.That one will never be open.

?

You bring the shovels, ill meet you there!!

Quote by davejb View Post
    You bring the shovels, ill meet you there!!
    I could have done that years ago ,but was talk into not doing it because this bunker is air close due to the debris from the US bombing and if someone open it ,it would explose because of the dynamite in it.