Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ranger Diamond Value

Article about: Just wondering if anyone might know what the current value of a WWII Ranger Diamond.

Default Ranger Diamond Value

Just wondering if anyone might know what the current value of a WWII Ranger Diamond.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ranger  Diamond Value   Ranger  Diamond Value  

Ranger  Diamond Value   Ranger  Diamond Value  

Default Re: Ranger Diamond Value

I would say roughly in the price range of 75.00 to 100.00, but yours has a small problem, part of the threads in the letter " R " are missing, and that will hurt the value, big time, so with that it would probably be around 25-40 dollars, if that.

If i was you, and to keep from losing more threads, take some elmers school type glue, and use your fingers and spread a very light, and thin coat on the back of it, to help lock the threads in place, it will dry clear, and it help it.

Brian

How do you know it is from ww2? because you can buy them for 4$Hard to tell with thoses picture if it is.

I believe these were only used during WW2 , and they started using the Ranger scrolls in Korea.

But a lot of these were reproduced, so i would not be able to tall you if it is WW2 made or not.

The original ones i've seen seem to have some type of paper backing on them, or remains of paper on the backings.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I believe these were only used during WW2 , and they started using the Ranger scrolls in Korea.

But a lot of these were reproduced, so i would not be able to tall you if it is WW2 made or not.

The original ones i've seen seem to have some type of paper backing on them, or remains of paper on the backings.

Brian
    IF the patch is all flat the chance it is real,but if the side has more material than the body it is fake.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    IF the patch is all flat the chance it is real,but if the side has more material than the body it is fake.
    Ohh, i see, then the one he has listed with the raised borders, would be a fake/reproductions.

Thanks, and now i am a little bit smarter, I have plenty of airborne stuff that was issued to me, so i really don't collect these type of items.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Ohh, i see, then the one he has listed with the raised borders, would be a fake/reproductions.

Thanks, and now i am a little bit smarter, I have plenty of airborne stuff that was issued to me, so i really don't collect these type of items.

Brian
    I am not a patch collector but I do have some ,my friend who does and sell them tall me that trick .He check the one I have to make sure he saided this was the easier and faster was before the black ligh.
    This one is no good.

Thanks for the info guys. It is an orginal patch, I bought it and about 50 other patches about 20 years ago. That was a great find, the other patches included 101st, 82nd, 17th. 11th, and First Allied Airborne patches. I looked at the Ranger Diamond again and I think the picture makes the R look worse than it is.

Thanks Again!