MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Rhodesian SAS & RLI Belts.

Article about: I bought these two stable belts recently being sold as Rhodesian issue, I'm sure the green and white one is RLI but can anyone confirm that the SAS belt is indeed Rhodesian issue ? as far as

Default Rhodesian SAS & RLI Belts.

I bought these two stable belts recently being sold as Rhodesian issue, I'm sure the green and white one is Rhodesian Light Infantry but can anyone confirm that the SAS belt is indeed Rhodesian issue ? as far as I can tell it is the same colour (although faded) as a british belt and the badge is the same, does the 'M' stamp on the leather tab identify it in any way ?....your help appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rhodesian SAS & RLI Belts.   Rhodesian SAS & RLI Belts.  

Rhodesian SAS & RLI Belts.   Rhodesian SAS & RLI Belts.  

Rhodesian SAS & RLI Belts.  

The blue SAS belt looks the same as UK used belts and looks to have some age to it , The M would be the size as in size medium

Thanks Kradman, As I suspected no marks to distinguish British from Rhodesian on the SAS belt, nice pair to have though, Thanks for the reply.

It is the 1st issue SAS belt. 2nd issue belts are marked REUTLER.

First issue RhSAS stable belt. The second issue the buckle was stamped with Reuteler Mfg and the belt was of a finer closer woven material.
    There are big differences between the RhSAS emblem and the UK one. The colours of the stable belts are also not the same.