Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RIP Don Malarkey

Article about: I don't know it has already been posted, but, I just heard on the passing of Don Malarkey of the 506th PIR, at the age of 96 . He was born in 1921 and passed on Sept. 30 1017. A True Hero. R

Very sad news. Fortunately his legacy, like the legacies of his brothers in arms, will live on forever.
    Rest in peace, Don. You've more than earned it.

B.B.

?

RIP SIR!!!!

I'm about to lose a IWO JIMA Devil Dog here in Yuma. The Greatest Generation is leaving us at an alarming rate.
    If you see one, DON'T hesitate to thank them as the next day you may not have that chance!!!

Semper Fidelis
    Phil

Yep...sad it is. Don was a regular "Guest of Honor" at many SOS shows until a couple of years ago he stopped attending. Along with a few other decorated Vets, they set up a dais table for them...well 10 or so years ago there were quite a few. Last SOS was just a handful. Soon, none.

I myself would just walk by the table & not stop because Dad spent 4 years in Europe, 5th army so most of his time was Italy. He passed in 2007 & oddly, all the Vets looked like my Dad & was too heartbreaking to go any closer. I attend the SOS for fun...not to start crying in the aisles which is what would happen when I saw these guys. So I would sadly & sheepishly avoid them

"Wild Bill Guarnier" was a regular at the Allentown PA. show up until I think 3-4 years ago. His son or son in law was pushing him around in a wheelchair & Bill was signing autographs. Was having the time of his life. He is gone too now. But him I did talk to for a while
    Last edited by real steel; 10-02-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Rest in peace Brave Soldier, the world as we know it, would not exist without the courage & bravery of that generation.
    Regards
    Paul

An honour to have met him and a memory that I shall always hold dear.

Rest In Peace Don. Thank You for your service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2